Garden Marak Soup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil extra virgin
- 1 cup onions chopped
- 3 stalks celery diced
- 1/2 cup carrots diced
- 1 tbsp oregano dried
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 4 cups greens kale, tree collards, cut into strips
- 1 can tomatoes or 4 fresh tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup winter Squash peeled, seeded, diced
- 1 cup potatoes diced
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup broccoli cut into pieces
- 1 cup brussel sprouts sliced
- Warm the oil in a large soup pot on medium heat. Add the onions, celery, carrots, oregano, salt and pepper and saute for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and greens and saute until greens are just wilted, about 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, squash, potatoes and broth. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add broccoli and Brussels sprouts, and simmer for another 5 min or until veggies are tender.
- For a thicker soup base, blend 1-2 cups of the soup in a blender and add the blended mixture back into the soup.
- Serve with toasted garlic bread.