5 cups of brown rice
1 ¼ cups of vegetable stock
6 medium bell peppers (different colors)
¼ cup olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
3 cans of diced tomatoes
2 ½ tablespoons parsley
½ teaspoon of cinnamon
1. Place rice and vegetable stock in pot and cook for 45 minutes until tender (a rice cooker makes this an easier and faster task). Once finished set aside and cover.
2. Bring water to boil in a medium pot. Cut the tops to bell peppers and place aside, remove seeds and membrane from the bell pepper (keep the seeds and membrane for compost). Place bell peppers along with tops, in boiling water and blanch for 2 minutes. Once finished, drain out water and place bell peppers upside down on paper towel to dry.
3. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Using a sauce pan, heat 2 tbsp of olive oil on medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally until soft (not transparent).
4. Add canned tomatoes, parsley, mint, cinnamon, cooked rice, into the pan. Stir for two minutes, then season with sea or pink salt to taste.
5. Stand bell peppers on a baking dish. Divide the rice mixture into bell peppers and add the top (mix and match different colored bell pepper tops for a little fun ;).
6. Drizzle remaining olive oil on top of the bell peppers and cook for 40 minutes or until soft!
7. Sit down with friends, family, or yourself and enjoy this tasty meal!
8. Upload pictures to The Yisrael Family Farm page and share your cooking experience with us! We’d love to see how your dish turned out