Makes 8 servings
1 cup butter
- 2 leeks, sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 quart vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp Organic Cornstarch
- 4 cups Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and diced
- Unsweetened Almond or Rice Milk
- In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter. Cook leeks in butter with salt and pepper until tender, stirring frequently, about 15 minutes.
- Stir cornstarch into broth and pour broth into pot. Add the potatoes and bring to a boil. Season with salt and pepper. Pour in the milk reduce heat and simmer at least 30 minutes, until potatoes are tender. Season with salt and pepper before serving.
Garnish with fresh chives and serve with warm homemade bread.