Learn the basics of growing herbs from seed and cuttings, two of the most economical ways to start your herb garden. We will be going over soil, water, and light needs for most herbs for a successful harvest! No matter how much space you have, come out and leave confident to start your own herb garden in the ground, in containers, or in raised beds!
This is a hands-on class and each guest will learn how to:
- Sow seeds in small containers and take them home
- Start herbs from cuttings and take them home
- Take cuttings from "mother plants" and take a small bundle of herbs home for their own garden
Our class instructor is Maria Schiffler, herbalist and CEO/Founder of Sapphire Herbal Boutique (organic homegrown herbs and body care products). Shegrows over twenty types of herbs in her small garden and uses her herbs daily for natural healing. As a UC Master Gardener and Co-Project Leader for the Herb Garden at FOHC she helps manage over 50 annual and perennial herbs, and educates home gardeners on how easy it can be to start their own herb garden.
Join Chanowk as he speaks about the upcoming season change and how to get started with planting your spring garden! During this class you will learn:
- Health, environmental & social benefits of cultivating an organic garden
- Specific garden tasks to prepare and plant your spring garden
- Pest management
- Crop planning & more!
Each participant will get to take home an exclusive #yisraelpassion planting guide & organic non-GMO seeds to start their garden!