Students will to take part in several hands-on activities which include:
- Feeding chickens and collecting eggs
- Harvesting seasonal veggies
- Learning about vermiculture
- Learning about fruit trees in our orchard
- Planting a seed and to take home to begin their own garden
- Enjoying the sights, sounds, smells, and touch of the farm
- Having lunch in the picnic area of our orchard
In addition, you may customize your tour to include one of the following:
- Crop Rotation & Soil Amendment
- Seasonal Planting & Seed Saving
- Keeping Backyard Chickens 101
- Basic Beekeeping
Tour Price: $3.00 per child (12 and under). You are permitted 1 free adult for every 10 children. Additional adults are welcomed at the rate of $5.00.
Tour Times: Weekdays
Tour Size: Minimum tour size is 5 paying guests. If you would like to visit, but have less than 5 people, call us anyway.
Tour Length: About 90 minutes.
Lunch: Your group may bring a sack lunch to enjoy in the picnic area in our orchard.
Your students will:
- Learn how we as farmers produce the food you eat.
- Have the opportunity to create their own pots and plant seeds to take home with them.
- Feed and see our backyard chickens.
Bring a brown bag lunch to enjoy inside our rest area.
Plan on arriving at least 15 minutes before your tour time – it helps us keep the herd together!
Due to the ever-changing seasons, please note that some activities will be substituted or altered as needed for your scheduled tour time.
Wear comfortable clothing and shoes.